Monday, April 6, 2015

BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes


There are two things I keep professing my love to on here - BBQ and Sweet Potatoes.  When I came across this recipe, it was like the heavens opened up and angels started singing.  I think this one was made just for me.  I had made some BBQ Chicken Quesadillas the other day and threw some extra chicken in the crock pot so I could make this dish.  I've been so excited to try it!  It was SO easy to make and that first bite was everything I dreamed it would be!  The recipe blog I found it on warned me that I'd be dreaming about it for weeks after.  They weren't kidding.  I'm adding it to my menu for next week again!

Ingredients
2 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
coarse sea salt
6 oz chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1 oz freshly crumbled goat or feta cheese
green onions, sliced for garnish

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400. Use a fork to poke several holes into sweet potatoes. Brush each sweet potato with approx olive oil and sprinkle to coat lightly with sea salt. Wrap in foil and bake for 45-60 minutes, until soft enough to poke easily poke with a fork.  Heat chicken and bbq sauce until warm.  Slice cooked sweet potatoes down the middle. Stuff each potato with half the bbq chicken, then top with cheese and onion. Serve immediately.

Source:  Ari's Menu

4 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Ha! If ever there were a dish made just for you, this would be it! Actually, it would need to be on top of a pizza and then it really would be it :). I love baked potato bars, but this is a great way to make it a little heartier as a main dish and the sweet potatoes help make it a little healthier. Can't wait to try it!

Janessa said...

Haha! Yeah, just put it on pizza!

Devilyn said...

I just put this on my menu for next week. Can't wait!

Janessa said...

I hope you love it, my fellow sweet potato fan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...